July – September 2021
2621 new personal insolvencies in the September quarter 2021, these were down 12.3% compared to September quarter 2020. All states and territories saw reductions except for Tasmania.
For the September 2021 quarter compared to September 2020 quarter:
- Bankruptcies fell by 5.6%
- Debtors petitions fell by 7.5%
- Sequestration orders rose by 15.3%
- Debt Agreements fell by 22.5%
- Personal insolvency agreements rose by 52.2%
In the September quarter 2021, 90% of bankruptcies were by debtor’s petition (voluntary). The remaining bankruptcies were by sequestration order (involuntary).
34.2% of bankruptcies were business related, […]